Sunday 19 February 2012

HOPES & UTOPIA

This season I cannot help thinking that the theme is: happiness.

After months of dreary weather, ice cold snow, no pennies after christmas spends, the trends are becoming brighter, the patterns are becoming crazier, and shops are looking fresher. So yes there is happiness and hope in the air of the upcoming months of SPRING.

I know this is quite late, considering LFW is in full swing concentrating on AW12 fancys, however I really need to express the current collections and how happy I feel when purchasing a new neon paste; chiffon crazy patterned structured shirt. (Yes, everything goes this season).

French Connection SS12 say it how it is.

Mulberry look back to our childhood memories, a walk on the beach with ice cream and rock, focusing on the pastel pretties.

Louis Vuitton again reference back to a childhood memory with their campaign video, linking to nostalgia with a merry-go-round. 

Prada link to travel, holiday and escapism, a place where we are care free and happy.

River Island use the idea of holidays, summer, sun, fruit and relaxation again a happy and warm place in our hearts

Reiss link to summer sun and getaways, road trips to reference escapism and a utopian perfect world.

3 comments:

  1. I like this, Reminds me too of childhood times walking on the beach with an ice cream! Miss those days, no care in the world. I'm glad you've started posting again :)

    Yours, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah and I love the new banner! Looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to be so carefree again, summers are not what they used to be at all!

    I thought I better get back into it. Glad you are :)
    and thanks! nice and bright for spring/summer!

    :)

    ReplyDelete