Tuesday 21 February 2012

COLOUR BLOCKING GONE MENTAL

L.A INSPIRED COLOUR BLOCKING GONE MAD BY ANDREW YEE.


This series of astonishing shots by Andrew Yee and styled by Damian Foxe, take colour blocking to another level. I'm not quite sure if any colour of the rainbow has been missed out. 
What I find interesting is the simple contrast of a plain block colour mixed with a set design of palm trees and an L.A inspired skyline. The set design was created by Aaron Johnson primarily for the Financial Times insert. These shots do make me liven up a little bit, full of energy and summery promises. 
The styling in these shots is rather interesting, I'm more of a 'simple is better' type of creative however Damian Foxe has gone all out in the structure, texture and pattern stakes, I'm sure I can find some outfit ideas from it. However I would never have teamed it with the creeper styled trainer; heels work better!


Model: Charlotte Carey












No comments:

Post a Comment