Sunday 19 February 2012

BEAUTY BY SOLVE SUNDSBO:

I constantly flick on Trendland.net for inspiration and ideas generation. So when I browsed todays trends I instantly attached my eyes onto this eclectic montages.

The colourful editorial shots have been carefully placed together to juxta mix model Lara Stone against florals, muscles, and natural aesthetics for the March issue of W magazine.

It carefully showcases springs latest trends. I think this is a great way of portraying trends than literally placing a model on a blank page with comments of why you should wear it and how. It shows creation; a form of art. This is hard to find sometimes within magazines as they have become rather accustomed to the ideal mainstream consumer. These mixed media  selections make you look further into the trend, and analyse them rather than just thinking, 'oh, florals are on trend this season'. Maybe this is just my view as a creative analyse student myself however i'm sure most people would rather see a colourful mix of beautiful shapes and patterns rather than the outfit given to you on a glossy editorial page.

See what you think. I think they're just plain beautiful.




No comments:

Post a Comment