Wednesday 18 July 2012

THE SPANISH SAHARA: 1990

Considering the fact that I am doing a styling intern at a spanish fashion brand in Spain, I took a few hours out to research into past and present editorial campaigns that represent the Spanish style and era´s in some way; not necassarily shot in Spain or styled by a Spanish stylist (ESTILISTA) yet an image that creates a Spanish ambience and mood in some way or form.

Here´s what I found...







I found the article on trend hunter labelled 90´s Spanish fashion which could be the reason the images look so retro in some aspects. Colour is a huge part of these images and is what stands out the most upon first glance, colour and contrast. Can definately also see reference points coming from Spanish Flamenco dancers, especially in the last image. Besides the sharp tailoring and dramatic contrast I think my most favourite is the yellow printed crop and pencil skirt ensemble, the models silhouette against the blurred out location truly represents my time so far in Spain; strong memories and blurry long days.

No comments:

Post a Comment