Tuesday 6 March 2012

COLLARED ZARA: THE TRENDS EVERYWHERE

I did a research case study today on the way people shop, and I have to admit, I ended up shopping myself. This was inevitable. However I did come across (whilst people stalking!) some neat collared shirts in Zara, Nottingham.

For ages I've been looking for collar tips to put onto the corners of the collar. In Zara, they have three very different and unique styles in at the moment, in which each will cater to everyone style preferences.




SHIRT #1: BLACK & GOLD

This particular shirt can be dressed up and down. Dressed down with block red jeans (also purchasable from Zara, OR American Apparel, OR Topshop). The gold tips make it easy to vamp up for those midnight hours.



SHIRT #2: QUIRKY LITTLE CHEETAHS

This is the shirt I clocked first. Not quite sure why, but trends come and go but I still can't help myself when it comes to animal print. (ANY animal print). Yet this shirt takes animal print to a different level, its quirky and kitsch, and the gold block chunks add the edge of sparkle.



SHIRT #3: COWBOY CUT-OUTS

The silver engraved tips remind me of the tips on cowboy boots somehow?! Very Texan. It would be too obvious to pair this top with washed out denim shorts, so I'd go for the more rock-esque look and maybe team it with some leather? The mint green works well with anything surprisingly.

2 comments:

  1. I love the last one and I know what you mean about the cow boy boots! Not sure about the animal print one though.. wouldn't suit me haha. Hope you're well x

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i'm glad you can see where i'm coming from. i'm sure i've seen a vintage pair with metal tips on like that. I went back to Zara today to try the black one on, but looked too much with the black hair. Would look good with blonde hair :(
    Ended up buying a Jersey dress instead.

    Hope your well too! X

    ReplyDelete